Central Desktop is now iMeet® Central. What’s next?
With the launch of iMeet Central, we are thrilled to become more deeply integrated into PGi’s portfolio of unified collaboration and communications products; after all, PGi is the world’s largest dedicated provider of collaboration software and services. We’re right at home.
“To drive results, teams need to be productive wherever and whenever they choose. iMeet Central delivers on this promise of anywhere, anytime work by removing all boundaries—including location and time—to collaboration,” said J. Scott Tapp, EVP Sales & Marketing, PGi. “We’re excited to welcome iMeet Central as an important addition to the iMeet portfolio.”
For Central Desktop customers, iMeet Central is the same great product you’ve come to know and hopefully love. There are a few things you can do to help make a completely successful transition.
- Encourage users to update browser shortcuts. What used to be mycompanyNAME.centraldesktop.com is now mycompanyNAME.imeetcentral.com.
- Whitelist iMeet Central. Have your IT pals add imeetdata.com and imeetcentral.com to their whitelist.
- Update Outlook rules and contacts. System-generated emails will now arrive from email@example.com.
- Update contact info for our support team. We’ve got all the familiar faces, but there are new places to find them: help.imeetcentral.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the new brand, iMeet Central has continued to evolve with new features designed to enhance the usability and extensibility of the product, including:
- Stronger project scheduling and file management. More granular calendar management and scheduling lets project managers tightly control projects and deadlines. The ability to attach and manage files directly within tasks improves context and speeds up the process. Additionally, proactive notifications around dependencies tee up resources sooner for the next step in a project to promote a more productive experience.
- New API enhancements to enable more integrations. Developers can now use the new JSON-based REST API to integrate with legacy systems or develop their own applications to accomplish tasks such as logging time data for enhanced client billing, kicking off projects and workspaces instantly and using callbacks to notify other applications of project status.
- Flexible, global cloud infrastructure provides better international access. By partnering with a leading cloud provider, iMeet Central can now leverage an even larger global footprint and physical infrastructure without sacrificing security or performance for clients outside of the US.
Members of the iMeet Central Community got an exclusive sneak peek at some of these features during their monthly call. To make sure you don’t miss out on the earliest scoops—and to connect with other iMeet Central customers—join the community today! While we have a new name and a new website, we still have the same committed crew of collaboration champs who’d love to connect and make sure you are getting the most out of our platform.
Finally, one thing that is not getting a new name is Collabosphere, the collaboration event of the year, which will be returning for its 6th year on September 25-27, 2016. Save the date!